The perks of being a cauliflower is that it goes soupherb with hemp seeds. All puns aside, this creamy, thick soup is an easy recipe that pairs potato with cauliflower and flavours it with aromatic garlic, herbs and hemp.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 2–3 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups vegetable broth (gradually add more if the soup is too thick for your liking)
- 1 cup of unsweetened plant milk of your choice
- Ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 3, 1-inch sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds
- In a large pot, pour oil and sauté onions 5 minutes until they become translucent. Add garlic, thyme, paprika and sauté 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth to the pot and stir.
- Gently add potatoes, cauliflower, and rosemary. Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add sea salt and pepper.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes until potatoes and cauliflower are soft – test with a fork for tenderness.
- Remove the pot from the heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly before using a blender to puree the soup with the plant milk and hemp seeds.
- Blend until mostly smooth and creamy, with small chunks still remaining throughout.
- Serve with a garnish of rosemary and hemp seeds.